Friday 2 July 2010

Lunch Break.

My lunch break today was slightly different from the mundane usual one.
I decided to take a walk in the direction I just wanted to. Out of the office building took the left (which I have never been before) I walked for just five-seven minutes and found The Tower of London. Lots of excited tourists, many other regular trying to relax in the park, pigeons and the beautiful Thames River. I always love to watch people especially on a sea/river side. I must also say I like the view of the Thames from the Tower Bridge. I was surprised with one more special thing today which I have never seen in the past 6 yrs of my London life.
I have heard and also read that The Tower Bridge opens up for letting in big ships through, but have never seen it. Today just by chance I happened to be there when the Tower Bridge opens for a ship to go through I was very thrilled and excited and enjoyed every bit of it. It was time for me to walk back to office. But I wanted to walk on The Tower Bridge that just opened and closed!! I am very poor at directions and routes. I vaguely remembered the route I actually came. But today that did not bother me. Kattu Sirukki (Raavanan) in my i-pod, gentle breeze, mild sunshine, I simply walked in the direction that my feet took me. After some 10 mins walk I met a junction and then realised I am actually supposed to be walking in the opposite direction to get back to work, but with no regret , in fact happy to walk on the bridge again I started walking back to work which was at least another 20 -25 mins. I really liked the different lunch break I had today.

Read the today as Thrusday 2nd July.

1 comment:

ME said...

:) So, did the lunch also happen? Or was it only a break?

 
hit counter download
hit counter download