Tuesday 23 June 2009

My passion....

I have resumed my passion to learn carnatic music.
One thing that i am very very passionate about in life is music. I love to talk,listen,sing,write, read or do anything about music and never feel enough of it.
I use to learn south indian classical when i was in india before marriage.After marriage we came to UK and that came to a stop :( . It was always in my mind to resume when I come back to India. I always use to urge my husband to move back to india just for this one reason.
However after about 5 years, since we have now moved to east london where the asian population is more compared to west(where we were for about 4 yrs), I looked for a music teacher and went to learn from her. That teacher gave me some information that there are people who teach from india via skype. I looked for one since that gives me more flexibility if over internet as time etc can be adjusted to suit my convenience more. I did find one teacher from Trichy and have resumed my long time pending pasion to learn carnatic music from where i left.
As i work from home two days a week, i have fixed one hour on those two days to learn singing. I get immense satisfaction, joy and peace. I also have good time to practice and make it a point i do it regularly.
This is one thing that gives me immense pleasure and joy an hope I will be able to continue this for the rest of my life.

No comments:

 
hit counter download
hit counter download